Mediatonic is an award winning game developer headquartered in the Strand, London.
We’re passionate about creating games, worlds and experiences that entertain millions of people.
We work across a range of digital platforms creating our original IP as well as partnering with amazing companies such as Square Enix, Microsoft and Sony in developing exciting new games.
The highest quality visuals, plus deep and distinctive game worlds, story and character are hugely important to us
We are seeking an exceptional UX/UI Designer with a passion for gaming and a deep understanding of the creative process to join our talented team.
As a UX/UI Designer at Mediatonic, you'll be responsible for ensuring our games are a joy to interact with.
Our work spans a broad range of styles, technology and platforms, from mobile to console. You'll be expected to:
- Design original and beautiful user-interfaces
- Illustrate UI components such as icons and assets
- Ensure players have the information they need at precisely the right time
- Contribute to concepts and pitches
- Troubleshoot live products and design enhancements to reduce friction for users
- Work with technical delivery teams to solve technical and logistical issues with UI
- Drive UX excellence for the games we develop
- Lead UX meetings and workshops to capture business requirements
- Facilitate focus groups to determine player needs
- Undertake competitor UX research, heuristic evaluations on internal and competitor UX, expert UX reviews and audits
- Create personas, user journeys and experience maps
- Translate design documents and/or creative conversations into UX actions
- Design information architecture, site maps, app maps etc
- Propose a range of creative conceptual ideas for UX
- Create sketches and storyboards to visualise UX solutions
- Execute detailed wireframes and create prototypes
- Validate ideas and designs through user testing
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to translate UX designs into wonderful experiences
Typically, you'll be working within one of our studio teams to lead the UI design and UX from the start to the end of a project.
- Advanced skills in design software such as Photoshop & Illustrator
- A strong portfolio of User Interface and Application designs (ideally for mobile or console games)
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Creative leader with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Experience with creating and delivering user experience projects
- Experience contributing to proposals in ideation and concept design
- A good working knowledge of wireframing tools
- Experience in prototyping tools
- A proactive, can-do attitude An enthusiastic and demonstrable understanding of the science of User Experience and User Centred Design
- Well versed in user experience methodologies and their applications
- An understanding of visual syntax - colour, shape, placement, motion, behaviours, etc
- An understanding of mobile gaming challenges and can identify best-in-class UX examples
- Ability to articulate the work - verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
Why choose Mediatonic?
You LOVE games and want to be surrounded by talented [super nice] people who share your passion for brilliant game experiences.
You enjoy a rich variety of projects rather than working on a single franchise or business model for many years at a time
You care about making a big impact on your projects and so you appreciate the beauty of working in smaller teams
You want to work on next generation platforms including Smartphones, Tablets, Steam, XBOX One and PS4
You enjoy the buzz of being based in the heart of Britain’s greatest cities!
- Our office and culture are hugely important to us. We have a relaxed, open office environment with a games room and a fully stocked fridge.
- We run a number of social events and activities inside and outside of work time, including Game nights, Design Club, Game Jams, D&D Club, Tech Talks, Show & Tells, Life-drawing classes and company lunches.
- Games are fun, we believe if you have fun making them it will show through in the final product.
Applying for this Role
While a CV and cover letter are an important part of the application process, in this role, we’ll be looking at your portfolio and work first and foremost.
Successful applicants will be sent an art test, before being invited to an interview on-site at Mediatonic with several members of our creative team.